Vendors must submit completed application, rules and regulations, and waiver of liability prior to setting up at market. The first market day for any vendor is free of charge. Booth fees are 15$ and reserves a 10×10 booth space. Electricity may be requested but not guaranteed at an additional 5$ which may be paid upon arrival. Completed forms may be emailed, or printed and mailed to P.O.Box 163, Lexington, TX. Checks can be made out to Lexington Farmer’s Market.
Vendor Application 2019
RULES & REGULATIONS
2019 – Lexington Farmers Market
Wheatley Street at Lexington Town Square
Market Hours: Saturdays 830am to 1230pm
MARCH 9th – April 27th
JUNE 1st – July 27th
SEPTEMBER 7th – NOVEMBER 2nd
The Market will operate these dates RAIN OR SHINE.
All applications to sell at the market will be reviewed by the Lexington Farmers Market Association (LFMA). For more info regarding the LFMA contact Jenna Rankin at 979.716.9500.
The first market for any vendor is free of charge. After, the weekly stall fee is $15 due upon arrival at market each Saturday. Optional seasonal membership is $100 per season. Checks can be made payable to Lexington Farmers Market.
Community organizations, non-profits, and local businesses or service providers whose work or product are compatible with the mission of the market are invited to attend. These stall fees are waived but donations are accepted.
Each stall fee entitles a Vendor to one 10×10 booth space
- Vendors must grow or produce their own products and maintain high quality. No reselling will be permitted.
- Vendors must grow or produce products within a 150 mile radius of Lexington, TX. (Exceptions may be permitted for “Specialty Producers”)
- All products sold at Market must be listed on the vendor application and be approved by the Market Manager
- Prepared-Food vendors must meet all federal and state laws & regulations governing their products, and are responsible for obtaining necessary licenses.
- Farmers may not claim their items as “organic” unless they are certified to do so and can provide proof.
- All Vendors must be ready to sell by 9am and must remain set up until 1pm.
- Vendors are required to have tents securely fastened.
- The Lexington Farmers Market is limited to 49% non-growers and 51% growers set by the Texas Certified Farmer’s Market Association.
- Arts and Crafts must be the work of the artist or crafts person him/herself.
- Any vendor producing trash must provide their own, neat trash receptacle as the market will not be providing trash bins. Please take your trash with you when you go or you will not be asked to return.
- Every Vendor should be courteous, professional and knowledgeable about the products in his/her booth.
- Each vendor is responsible for obtaining and displaying all applicable permits. Every vendor must comply with the laws of the State of Texas as well as city and county laws.
- Vendors selling Cottage Foods must have appropriate labeling. If you have questions regarding Cottage Food labels contact market manager for info.
- Each Vendor must set their own price. Price Fixing is illegal. “Dumping” is not allowed. (see definitions below)
- All vendors must read, sign and submit the ‘Rules & Regulations’
- All vendors must read, sign and submit the Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement.
Farmers are subject to farm inspections to be conducted by a professional inspector or Market Manager and up to two participating growers. The LFMA reserves the right to refuse applicants that do not meet the criteria and mission of the Lexington Farmers Market.
Notify Market Manager by phone or text at 979.716.9500 no later than 12 noon the day prior to market if you are not able to attend.
- Dumping: Selling at substantially less than market averages.
- Producer only farmers’ market: A market at which vendors, their family members or their employees are permitted to sell direct to consumer items which they have themselves produced.
- Agricultural Producer: Meat (excepting fish, fowl and feral animals) and produce have been grown or animals born and bred from animals on the producer’s land (including leased land). Produce and dairy products such as cheese and yogurt or processed meat products, such as bacon, jerky and sausage produced with vendors’ products or at his/her commercial kitchen, butcher or processing plant are allowed.
- Value Added-Local Food Artisanis defined as practicing the culinary art of producing the product offered for sale, which includes any operation that changes the form, flavor, blend and/or the substance of raw products using as many market products as available. Local farm or ranch Ingredients must be used when available and in season.
- Artisan Producermay use materials from outside the area of the farmers’ market when integrated with other local products or assembled by a local artisan.
- Seasonal Produceris an agricultural producer that does not grow & harvest year-round.
- Specialty Producers offer items that are not usually grown within the 150 mile radius but a relative or agent brings the items to market. Example: Citrus from South Texas that is to be sold by the grower or his/her employee or family member.
- CSA is community supported agriculture. CSAs were created so a farmer could sell “shares” of their crops and the CSA customers could support that farmer through hard times and benefit through bountiful ones. The farmer has a better idea of how much to grow, he gets his money in advance and has customers for the season.
- Reselling is buying and reselling any item without additional ingredients or modifications to the existing product. Example: 1) farmer selling fruit or vegetable grown by another person or from a wholesale outlet. 2) purchasing balsamic vinegar and repackaging/labeling as your own product. What is acceptable is infusing, blending or adding other ingredients to make it your own.
Booth Rental 10×10
This will reserve your booth space. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us of which date you are paying for. You may also pay cash or check the Saturday morning at the info booth before the market opens at 9am.